Wednesday 20 June 2007

Good riddance

Two days of work left to go and I am READY for the off.

I thought I'd make a little list of things that I'm really looking forward to seeing the back of, just so I can remind myself when we get back. So here goes:
  • Stress sickness: I get properly nauseated - and I mean really retching and stuff - pretty much every day. My Doctor tells me it's stress. Byeee!
  • Time poverty: I'm sick of being always on/ always busy/ rush rush/ finish one thing get on with the next thing. I'm a human being goddammit, not a robot. Seeya later!
  • Arms/ hands/ RSI twinges: Not much, but sometimes at work, bits of me hurt, and I worry that in a few years time those bits will start to fall off. Sayonara!
  • Drinking: Too much. Really, too much. From the habitual couple of cans a night to the full blast bingespazz self-abuse. My theory is that, with less stress in my life, I will feel less need to drink. Auf Wiedersehen!
  • Alarm clocks: Nuff said. Ja mata!
  • Mobile phones: Cool things, really - just looking forward to not having one on me 24 hours a day. Catch you on the other side!
  • Computers: I really, really like computers, but seriously, I spend more time with PCs than I do with my wife. If that's not fucked up, I don't know what is. Adieu!
  • Rut life: Follow on from the last point. Debs and I work hard, and have busy lives, and we have hit a groove where we spend so much time doing unrewarding organization work that there's barely anything left over for us - and when we get some, we're too tired to enjoy it for ourselves. Poka!

So balls to that: the next year is for me and Debs. And we are going to eat it up like a Pea Risotto. Yum!

Ben

No comments: