And now we're back home and starting everything with a more or less blank slate. It's a great chance to throw out old habits and get into new routines.
So here are our "how our lives will be different after all that travelling" resolutions:
- Going organic: food, drink, toiletries, household cleaning products
- Buying responsibly: no clothing or products from China or other horrendous regimes
- Getting out more: see more of Amsterdam, geographically, culturally, etc. Also, the rest of the Netherlands probably has some interesting bits we should go see
- Working differently: Ben's going freelance, Debs is... well, we'll see
- Having the time of our lives: doing our best not to get sucked back into that stresslife rut we successfully levered ourselves out of this time last year; less rush rush rush, more relaxed enjoyment
- Doing more sport: Debs likes yoga, Ben likes Tai Chi and swimming - we'd like to keep our healthy bods if we can.
- Trying out lots more exotic recipes: Why did we never cooked with tofu before?!
- Speaking more Dutch: We know it, but never use it. Must try harder (neither of us knows how to translate this phrase into Dutch - not a good start..!)
- Making more cakes: Debs is now obsessed with cakes, and intends to make lots of them.