Friday 26 October 2007

Barbershops of the world, part 6

Debs and I are delighted and amused by the enthusiastic feedback you lot are giving us about this, our regular feature on gentlemen's grooming establishments.

This time, I wanted to give you an insight into the reality of facial hair on the road. Below is what my face looks like after 2 weeks of growth - check out the bushiness!


And here's what I looked like after the attentions of a white haired old gent at Wellington's Custom Cutz (love that 'z'):


Cost 8 NZ dollars (4.50 EUR)
Cut quality 6/10
Fear factor 1/10

Comments: My barber would have lost a point for his slightly brusque manner "Whaddya mean by beard trim?"and his faint fishy whiff, but he made up for these shortcomings by giving us a free pen when we left. Bonus!

Let us know if you have any requests for future installments - hairstyle suggestions, photo tips, questions to ask the barber... anything!

Ben

No comments: