Monday 9 July 2007

England

So, we haven't posted in a while, but we've been busy spending time with friends and family in England.

After a lovely night at Clare and Jamie's for Jamie's birthday in Amsterdam, we dragged ourselves out of bed and got a lift to Schiphol at 7.30 with our great neighbours Chris and Jitske.

After we landed, we went straight to Sarah's house in Leeds then onto Claire and Paul's wedding party, which was really nice, with lots of cute kids running around, and suprisingly romantic when Claire and Paul did a first dance. Check out their moves:


Then onto Yarm. We spent a lovely week at my parent's house, where we tried to fix their crappy internet connection, failed to convince my dad that Comic Sans is a shit font, broke the exhaust on mum's car, trampolined, wet n' wilded, and shopped. It was lovely to see Mum, Dad, Shaz, Wayne and Bethany.


Whilst in Yarm, we went to a vegetarian restaurant called 'The Waiting Room' where we were joined by the Wilsons. The food was great, with massive portions, and we were really touched that everyone was willing to eat veggi for us - we had a great night. I have the best family.

Even though we live away and don't see them as much as I'd like, I'll still miss my family a lot, and got quite upset when I had to say goodbye. It's strange knowing we'll be out of proper communication for a year, but I'm sure we'll get used to it once we get going. Anyway, enough, or I might start crying again.

We're in Skipton now - with Ste, Zoe, Joe Rocket and the unborn - until tomorrow, when we're off to stay with Andy and Nat in Leeds, where I think I'm going to have to keep an eye on Ben to make sure he doesn't blow all our travel money at Nik's poker night.

Debs, x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi deb, nice photo of me and paul - paul look sreally blonde. Comic sans is a shit font and you do have the best family - bethany is so lovely. See you Friday ?

Anonymous said...

Hi from the Wilson's and thanks for a good night. Micky and Dave look up to you Ben so I'm trusting you to be a good role model. I have seen the trolly thing, and what with 'ballpondgate' I have my doubts

Love you both xx